Some Arizonans enjoy tinkering with their cars, but would hesitate to, say, rebuild their transmissions. They know not to cross a certain line. The same is true with Phoenicians’ homes.
Sure, you can change a door lock or rewire a lamp, but do-it-yourself HVAC maintenance is ill-advised. Once you learn what is involved in HVAC preventative maintenance, you will understand why we ask you to trust your air conditioner maintenance to the experts at Howard Air.
Typically, our highly trained, NATE-certified technicians dispatch to customer’s homes with a well-equipped truck, diagnostic equipment, small supplies and replacement parts, and a wealth of knowledge.
Though systems vary slightly, our technicians typically will perform the following air conditioner preventative maintenance services:
- Check thermostat settings and, if battery-powered, test the battery;
- Tighten all electrical connections; since faulty electrical connections are unsafe, leading to arcing and, possibly, electrical fires;
- Measure voltage and current on motors;
- Lubricate all moving parts to reduce friction and extend equipment life;
- Check and visually inspect the condensate drain – a clogged drain will cause water damage and increase indoor humidity;
- Deliberately throw safety mechanisms to check controls of the system for proper and safe operation;
- Check startup of cooling equipment to assure the system starts, operates and shuts off properly;
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils, since dirty coils rob your system of efficiency and energy;
- Check refrigerant level and adjust if necessary (either adding or removing refrigerant as needed and legally required);
- Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow, increasing your personal comfort and saving energy.
This is a far more extensive list than any homeowner could casually perform. In addition, your NATE-certified technician will inspect and clean permanent air filters, or replace disposable ones. This sort of routine maintenance can add years to your Phoenix central air conditioner.
More Than AC
Keep in mind any work on your home’s HVAC must include the heating and ventilating part of the H-V-AC label. Your furnace and air handler are crucial to year-round comfort, so trust Howard Air’s service personnel to keep all systems go with every service call. For example, if you have a furnace tied into your home’s ductwork, the technician will check your:
- Gas connections to ensure safe operation;
- Gas pressure for optimum efficiency;
- Burner and igniter components;
- Heat exchanger, checking for cracks or build-up that could be dangerous.
Contact Howard Air for HVAC Maintenance Help Today
For superior HVAC preventative maintenance, please contact us at Howard Air today. We can work around your schedule to ensure your system performs at peak energy efficiency, cleanly, without overworking your equipment. Remember to always look for our NATE-certified, uniformed technicians in clearly labeled trucks so you know you are dealing with HVAC professionals.