The many benefits of air duct cleaning should make it an integral part of your regular Phoenix HVAC maintenance. The benefits are especially important for people who have allergies, but anyone can benefit from having clean air ducts. There are four key signs that you’re overdue for your regular Phoenix air duct cleaning:
- Your home is getting dustier than it used to, or you have a thin layer of dust coating your air ducts. You may feel that you have to dust more often than ever before.
- There are strange or unpleasant smells when you run your heating or cooling system. It could smell like mold, mildew, or anything else, so don’t hesitate to inspect your air ducts if you encounter a new odor at home or in the office.
- Your air duct system has black filth accumulating on or around the vents.
- You or other people are experiencing breathing problems or allergies even when you’re inside. This is especially important if the problem is new or getting worse.
Any of the above are signs that your air duct may be full of allergens, pollen, dust, or other contaminants. Allergens are more common in Arizona than we used to think, so don’t use our dry climate as an excuse to procrastinate a thorough cleaning. This scenario can cause risks to your health, comfort, or even your safety in severe enough cases.
Air Duct Dust Buildup over Time
The EPA estimates that the average home can build up as much as 40 pounds of dust in a single year. Dust is dirty, and it can also pollute your home with allergens or other unwanted contaminants. If you have a dust or allergen problem, it’s almost definitely in your air ducts.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
Cleaning your air duct will help keep your home full of clean, purified air. It will also prevent buildup around the house. Air ducts push air through your entire home, and dirty ducts are carrying dust that will find its way onto every surface of the house. Dust is bad enough, but dirty ducts are also holding mold, pet dander, and even hairs.
Air Duct Cleaning is Essential for Phoenix Homes
People used to move to Arizona to find allergy relief. We have found, however, that allergies are as much of a problem as anything else these days, and Arizona is no longer the allergy-free oasis of the past.
According to the EPA, the average home accumulates as much as 40 pounds of dust per year. Dust is full of more than dirt, containing everything that is in the air surrounding you.
Fortunately, a dust problem is easy to diagnose, and easy to solve. How do you know whether or not you have a problem? Here are some questions to ask yourself, to determine whether or not you have a problem with dust buildup:
- Are you dusting more than usual?
- Do you smell anything unusual when you turn on your HVAC system?
- Do your air vents have a thin coating of dust, or do vents have black marks around the
- Are you, or your family, suffering from allergies or breathing problems while you’re getting
comfortable at home?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may have a dust problem in the air ducts of your home.
We can provide solutions, leading you to a much cleaner home where you can breathe and rest easily, knowing your home is cleansed of dust and pollution.
Will I Benefit from Air Duct Cleaning?
You may not realize how not cleaning your air ducts affects your home life. Many people simply get used to having allergy problems and go through their days without a second thought. As part of your HVAC system, the air ducts can accumulate many particles that include dust, pet dander, mold, and other allergens. These particles have a direct impact upon your health and pocketbook. An efficient HVAC system will mean cleaner air, and an effective HVAC system that is well maintained and will last longer, as a result.
How Often Should I Clean My Ducts?
We recommend once every three years. You may want to consider duct cleaning more often if you have a home that has smokers, pets that shed frequently, or someone living in your home that has respiratory problem such as asthma.
Should I Get My Air Ducts Cleaned in Phoenix?
It’s considered best practice to have your ducts cleaned at least every three years. If you or someone else in your home smokes, it should be even more often. Other factors that may increase your need for regular air duct cleaning include residents with respiratory problems like asthma or allergies, or pets that shed a lot in your home. Contact Howard Air today to have your ducts professionally cleaned by our certified technicians.